Michael Cosgrove Stereotypes Cause: 9/11 Truth vs Assange
Various 9/11 truthers are changing their previously positive opinion of Julian Assange and Wikileaks. He is now being disowned by this clique and even being regarded as a paid agent. …
Three major indicators have in their view discredited him according to an editorial on Re0pen911. They say that Assange, who they describe as “mysterious”, has never been a 9/11 conspiracy supporter and that he has even publicly criticized conspiracists. Also, he has never published anything which even remotely supports the truthers’ arguments. This is known to have rankled truther organizations. The final –and logical conclusion according to truthers – argument is that the fact that the US government has not taken robust steps to stop Wikipedia and that Assange is said to be being more careful about cleaning up proposed new documents before putting them online suggests that he is being manipulated. The manipulation is said to be that the documents originally given to him were leaked deliberately by the CIA in an effort to give him and other critics of US policy in Afghanistan and elsewhere the impression that they had a ‘scoop.’ But the theory goes that the documents contained nothing that was not already known. …
Re0pen911 claims that the CIA and other intelligence agencies are trying to discredit Assange by persuading him unconsciously to publish relatively worthless “leaked” documents in order that his future ‘scoops’ not be taken seriously. A second alleged benefit for the CIA is that the Wikileaks issue is deflecting attention from large-scale government-organised drug trafficking out of Afghanistan. The editorial also claims that Daniel Ellsberg, the CIA analyst at the origin of the ‘Pentagon Papers’ scandal in the 1970’s, has a list of confidential documents relative to 9/11, and which are purported to contain evidence of governments being aware of the imminence of the attacks, which he would like Wikipedia to publish, but they haven’t.
Another truther who has come out against Assange is Webster Tarpley, who in a one-hour interview given for the Alex Jones Channel even accused Assange of being a paid CIA agent. Tarpley claimed that the same thing was true, and for the same kind of reasons, for Ellsberg.
- The Onion: “Ho, Ho, Ho! 9/11 Was An Inside Job!”
- 9/11 Warnings Revealed: CIA Reported Attack ‘Will Occur Soon’
- Dick Cheney Lied About Iraq Connection To 9/11 Attacks
- ‘Underwear Bomber’ Was Working for the CIA
- FBI Blocks 9/11 Whistleblower’s Book
- U.S. & U.K. Conceal Intelligence Failures Before 9/11
- Two Ex-Senators Claim Possible Saudi 9/11 Role
- What the Hell, Mike Gravel?
- "9/11 Conspiracy Roadtrip" - A Participant's Perspective
- The Onion: "Ho, Ho, Ho! 9/11 Was An Inside Job!"
- 9/11 Warnings Revealed: CIA Reported Attack 'Will Occur Soon'
- 9/11 Truther: The Fight for Peace, Justice and Accountability
- 9/11 Truth For Peace
- The Protocols of Jonathan Kay