Stratfor: Imam of "Ground Zero Mosque" is an FBI Asset
One of the first juicy bits to trickle out of Wikileaks release of 5 million Stratfor emails is the comment from Fred Burton, Stratfor’s Vice President of Intelligence, that the Imam of the controversial so-called Ground Zero mosque is an “FBI operational asset.” Burton, who was formerly a special agent with the US State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service and the Deputy Chief of their counterterrorism division, made the comment on an email chain regarding a New York Observer article, Untangling the Bizarre CIA Links to the Ground Zero Mosque. The controversy surrounding the “Ground Zero mosque” overwhelmingly dominated the news and discussion surrounding the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
UPDATE: The above was posted about an hour after the GI Files had been announced. It seems relatively minor compared to some of the other items coming out, but still quite interesting and perhaps important. Now, 12 hours later, it’s apparent that the scope of issues involved in the GI Files release will be immense. Spying on activists, insider trading, money laundering, “sexual control” of assets and mind-boggling arrogance and incompetence seem to be only the tip of the iceberg.
Here is the full Wikileaks GI Files press conference, which took place a few hours ago:
Cass Sunstein even gets a mention, in connection to the Bhopal tragedy and cover up, of all things.
- Civil Disobedience for 9/11 Justice at Downing Street II
- Government Agents 'Directly Involved' In US Terror Plots
- What the Hell, Mike Gravel?
- "9/11 Conspiracy Roadtrip" - A Participant's Perspective
- The Onion: "Ho, Ho, Ho! 9/11 Was An Inside Job!"
- 9/11 Warnings Revealed: CIA Reports Attack 'Will Occur Soon'
- 9/11 Truther: The Fight for Peace, Justice and Accountability