Mainstream Media Boycott for 9/11 Justice
An activist group is calling for a complete boycott of corporate mainstream media, starting on the 9th anniversary of 9/11.
According the group’s facebook page, “Mainstream media networks have barely touched the surface of what happened… Through their negligence, they have made a mockery of the unanswered questions held by the victims’ families, and greatly dishonored the 3,000 people who died on 9/11. This must change.”
The group is urging those who agree to join the boycott, during which participants will rely only on independent media sources for their news. On their page, the group suggests several alternatives to mainstream news, including Raw Story and Information Clearinghouse.
Jonathan Reynolds, one of the boycott organizers, says “The boycott is very open-ended. Anyone can participate as long as they would like to. Television is a trivial sacrifice once we realize how much we don’t need it.”
The organizers of the boycott make several demands of the corporate media, including “giving sufficient air time to the September 11th Advocates and members of the Family Steering Committee who called for a new investigation as a result of the shortcomings of the Commission.”
A similar but unrelated campaign, called Unplug The Signal, is encouraging the public to do away with TV altogether. Activist artist Nathan Janes says the campaign “draws attention to the gross manipulation of reality that is broadcast by the six major corporations controlling the content of television.”
The Mainstream Media Boycott for 9/11 Justice starts on September 11, 2010 at 12 am.
- The Onion: “Ho, Ho, Ho! 9/11 Was An Inside Job!”
- 9/11 Warnings Revealed: CIA Reported Attack ‘Will Occur Soon’
- Dick Cheney Lied About Iraq Connection To 9/11 Attacks
- ‘Underwear Bomber’ Was Working for the CIA
- FBI Blocks 9/11 Whistleblower’s Book
- U.S. & U.K. Conceal Intelligence Failures Before 9/11
- Two Ex-Senators Claim Possible Saudi 9/11 Role
- What the Hell, Mike Gravel?
- "9/11 Conspiracy Roadtrip" - A Participant's Perspective
- The Onion: "Ho, Ho, Ho! 9/11 Was An Inside Job!"
- 9/11 Warnings Revealed: CIA Reported Attack 'Will Occur Soon'
- 9/11 Truther: The Fight for Peace, Justice and Accountability
- 9/11 Truth For Peace
- The Protocols of Jonathan Kay